I came across a blog today that I had to share. Not only did it make me think about a friend of mine (who I think enjoys her showers WAYYY too much – you know who you are), but it made me think about the Neutrogena after bath oil that I was addicted to for some time. In the end, I LOVE essential oils and expect to spend hours in the shower now, with a result of feeling refreshed or ready for bed after trying out these professional tips. Here’s what was taken from the Laura Carson Miller blog:
All you need is the essential oil or essential oil blend of your choice and a clean washcloth.
Here’s how you can derive the maximum benefits of essential oils while in the shower:
1) Before you get into the shower, think about the therapeutic properties and positive effects of the essential oil that you are going to use.
2) Put 3 to 5 drops of the essential oil on the washcloth.
3) While showering, place the washcloth on your chest and allow the heat of the shower to release the vapors of the essential oil. Breathe deeply, relax your mind and visualize the wonderful changes that the essential oils are bringing about in your mind and body.
4) Once you turn the shower off, use the same washcloth to rub your body, specially arms and legs, with movements pointing towards the heart. This helps stimulate circulation, lymph movement and your immune system
Which essential oils to choose?
SINUS CONGESTION OR BLOCKED RESPIRATORY PASSAGES:
CLEAR YOUR MIND:
- Spearmint (Mentha spicata)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinale)
ENERGY FOR THE DAY:
- 3 drops of VIGOR ENERGIA Essential Oil Blend
- 2 drops of Black Spruce Essential Oil
HAPPY AND POSITIVE ENERGY:
CITRUS DELIGHT Essential Oil Blend
SERENO SLEEP TIME Essential Oil Blend
Let me know how your bathroom ritual (NOT toilet) change…or have changed. What’s your favorite/must-have bath product.